5 Hidden Ways To Save Money On Your Car Insurance
Everyone has to have car insurance, but it doesn’t always have to be expensive. You know about the most obvious ways to save, like keeping a good driving record and paying attention to your history. But FindInsurance.com has sorted through the endless list of potential risk factors to uncover a few that you might not know about. With these in mind, you might just find a little extra money in your budget.
- Improve Your Credit Score: A lot of people don’t like insurance companies using credit score as one of the factors in determining what you pay for car insurance.The good news is that each time you move up a tier you can save hundreds of dollars a year.
- Bundle Up: Buying insurance for your car and your home can lead to big savings, and you don’t have to own a house to see the benefits.On average, bundling these two coverages together saves you a little under 10% on your car insurance, whether you rent or own.
- Keep Yourself Covered: Your rates will begin to decrease the longer you are insured. It only takes 6 months of coverage to begin seeing savings, which can be around $100 a year.
- Pay Up Front: If you can pay for your entire term of coverage up front, it will pay off down the line. Paying insurance in full can save you around $70 a year.
- Track Your Driving With Telematics: If you’re OK with using an app or a small device that plugs in under your dashboard to track your driving habits, it could pay off with savings.Telematics is an app where your speed, mileage, and total driving time are tracked and used as part of the formula that determines your insurance premium.
Congrats on your new car! What would you do if something horrible happened? Or you’ve been in an accident? It’s something you never want to think about, but life is unpredictable. This is why it’s the perfect time to buy car insurance…